Yes, I know this isn’t about me. It’s about raising money for the Community Foodbank of New Jersey. But look: I want to be useful. And in this context, I am useful if someone (or a few someones) out there in the world are excited enough about getting a signed set of The Boneshaker, The Broken Lands, and The Kairos Mechanism that they’ll whip out their preferred means of online payment and bid like auction-crazed fools. The winner will be donating to a great cause, and will get three books with my scrawl in them, any one of which would make a really attractive doorstop or coaster. Here are some other things you can do with them:
- The Broken Lands hardcover, with its attractive blue-green spine, can be confidently used to prop open a window.
- The Kairos Mechanism has just enough give to work beautifully as a fan in the event that the heat in your home or apartment gets a little out of hand this holiday season, or use it to wave smoke away from the fire detector when you forget that last batch of
cookies in the oven.
- The Boneshaker is that beautiful shade of red that just looks great and will complement any room’s decor. Use it in December to enhance seasonal red-and-green decorations.
- Use TBL on the floor to work those calves or stretch out post-run.
- Use all three together to improve posture.
- Find one more book and you can weigh down the corners of that antique map from the attic that won’t uncurl for long enough for you to work out the cryptic poem in the corner that miraculously rhymes even after you translate it from the Spanish.
I have worked retail for like fifteen years, people. I can do this all day. They also make pretty good reading. Even Kirkus says so. But seriously–check out YA for NJ. A ridiculous number of very exciting folks have put up some very exciting books and services to thank you for helping out. Bid here on my books, or scroll through the many, many offerings on the table and find the just-right reward for you. But don’t wait too long–the auction ends on December 7th.